--fish this--

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Fishing v. Blogging

Well, I was more than a little bored last night. Rather than watching another unrealistic reality show or tuning in to see if the CSI Omaha was any different than the other methods of murder in other urban areas, I decided to actually read some of the other Blogs at Blogger.com.

Whoa.

I have never read more depressing stories.

Outside of wanting to down a bottle of Scotch and commiserate with the hopeless, I thought "man- these people need to get out and appreciate the simple things in life".

First of all let me tell you I am Mr. Old School and if my Polyanna approach to happiness is something you want to scoff at-- then you deserve to be miserable. Life is hard, but you have a choice here. Be unhappy or look for the little things in life--the details-- and marvel at them.

And of course fish more.

I just returned from a trip to Chicago, and even in that urban jungle I came upon some men fishing at an urban lake--I can't even tell you the name of it. What I saw were people talking, relating, doing something with purpose, and laughing !

Wow that sucks!!

Maybe I am not cut out out for this "blogging thang", because I don't have that much to be miserable about. Or maybe I just want to do my part at being happy and balance the world so that the other half can wallow in pity...

It's your choice. Pick which side of the line you want to be on...

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Carp Master said...

Nice comment and all too true"Jonny".Don't think that your generation has the market cornered on this way of thinking though.The pages of history are littered with people who thought more and many solves all problems...you can even see some of their offspring posing in "compromising" positions all over the internet and others "reinvesting" family fortunes in "drug and alcohol" futures!! Oh well, you can always pick something up cheap at the "estate sale"--- Keep enjoying the little things and every now and then--REALLY take a close look at something... like the budding of a plant.. or a little foal following it's mother.. too sappy? Not for ME!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home